Pregnancy is a time of many changes: physical, social, and emotional. Massage is a wonderful way to relax, increase your energy and relieve discomfort. The benefits of massage during pregnancy are huge and more and more midwives and GP’s are recommending massage during pregnancy.
Massage during pregnancy
• reduces stress on weight-bearing joints
• increases flexibility
• eases constipation, gas and heartburn
• reduces excess fluid retention
• slows the process of varicose veins
• relieves common discomforts
• reduces stress hormones which cause anxiety
Studies have shown that women who receive regular massages during pregnancy have lower rates of premature birth, fewer obstetrical problems and their babies are less likely to have postnatal complications.
My pregnant clients feel confident and reassured by my experience and background as a remedial massage therapist, certified in pregnancy massage. They also feel relaxed, knowing I am aware when massage is not appropriate, know what precautions to take and pressures to use, when to contact their GP and how to position them comfortably and safely.