Pregnancy is a time of many changes: physical, social, and emotional. Massage is a wonderful way to relax, increase your energy and relieve discomfort.
Some of the many benefits of massage during pregnancy are:
- reduces stress on weight-bearing joints
- increases flexibility
- eases constipation, gas and heartburn
- reduces excess fluid retention
- slows the process of varicose veins
- relieves common discomforts
My pregnant clients feel confident and reassured by my experience and background as a remedial massage therapist, certified in pregnancy massage. They also feel relaxed, knowing I am aware when massage is not appropriate, know what precautions to take and pressures to use, when to contact their GP and how to position them comfortably and safely.